This supper delicious Dark Chocolate Cake is sure to please. Made with strong coffee this recipe is not for the faint of heart! Add optional CBD oil for a feeling of wellness.
Yes, the CBD provides a feeling of calm while the the coffee gets you motivated. See my article on the best Energy Drink ever!
- 2 C Sugar
- 1-3/4 C All-Purpose Flour
- 3/4 C Cocoa
- 2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 Eggs
- 1 C Buttermilk
- 1 C Coffee (Strong!)
- 1/2 C Coconut Oil (I prefer this over vegetable oil)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tbsp Premium CBD (more or less as desired, I prefer 2 Tbsp)
Joy Organics Premium CBD Tinctures
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Lightly grease two 9″ round baking pans or a 13″ x 9″ rectangle pan.
- In a large bowl mix together the eggs, buttermilk, coffee, oil, vanilla and CBD oil.
- Stir in the sugar, flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt (I like to pre-mix these in a separate bowl).
- In a round pan bake for 30-35 minutes. In the rectangular pan bake for 35-40 minutes. Use the toothpick method to check if ready – do not overbake!
- Remove from and place on racks to cool.
Dark Chocolate Mocha Frosting
The perfect topping for your dark chocolate cake!
- 3 Tbsp Butter
- 3 Tblsp Cocoa
- 1 Tblsp Warm water
- 1 Tblsp Coffee Liqueur
- 1 Tblsp CBD Oil (skip this ingredient if you do not want too strong of a recipe, for me it erases anxiety)
- 1-1/2 C Powdered Sugar
- Melt the butter in a small pan over low heat and stir in the cocoa, water, liqueur and CBD oil.
- Slowly add the powdered sugar and keep mixing until smooth enough for spreading. If too thick add a little bit more warm water.
Try adding Mint flavored tincture from Joy Organics!
Our merchants often offer unadvertised specials with discount codes only available through websites like ours. Joining our mailing list will ensure your access to these exclusive discounts.
Thank you for visiting Motivated Well Being!
Please note we may earn an Affiliate Commission if you purchase something through a product link in this article (at no additional cost to you). This helps to support the website and allows us to continue to make free content.