‘Tis the season for joy, love, and spoiling those you care about most. As the weather outside turns frightful, as in cold and rainy, our delicious hot chocolate recipe will warm you up nicely!
A Go To Comfort Food
As exciting as the season may be, there are many out here who may find the change of seasons to be a bit much. Especially since COVID-19 doesn’t seem to be going away anytime soon.
Hot Chocolate has always been a go to comfort food for me. It’s rich and creamy chocolatey goodness leaves my mouth wanting more!
Variation On A Theme
With a new acceptance of hemp oil infused products, there is now a twist for your favorite hot chocolate!
Let’s look at a delicious CBD-infused drink that will calm our nerves in this crazy 2020!
Hot Chocolate With CBD!
This recipe takes traditional hot cocoa and turns it up a notch. We add in some spices and orange CBD Tincture to the mix. Together, they blend with the hot cocoa to create a beverage that makes us feel like we’re keeping warm by a chimney fire.
There’s something special about hot cocoa that helps soften the harsh chill that comes with fall temperatures and winter winds.
- 2 cups milk (or almond milk).
- 1 cinnamon stick.
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg.
- 2 oz chocolate chips (we suggest dark chocolate, but milk chocolate will work).
- 2 T of unsweetened cocoa powder.
- Dropper of Joy Organics Orange CBD Tincture.
- 1 cinnamon stick.
- Mini marshmallows.
- Pour the milk into a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir in the cinnamon stick, nutmeg, and star anise. If you are making this CBD recipe for children, you may want to leave out the star anise. The flavor may be a bit overpowering for their taste buds.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and then lower it to a simmer for ten minutes.
- Strain the milk into a measuring cup and then pour it back into the saucepan.
- Add in the chocolate chips and unsweetened cocoa powder.
- Whisk continuously until the ingredients are well-integrated.
- Bring this mixture to a slow boil, then take it off the heat.
- Pour into two mugs.
- Add a dropper full of Joy Organics CBD Tincture to each of these CBD-infused drinks.
- Stir with a cinnamon stick and top off with mini marshmallows.
Joy Organics is our go to for CBD oil for good reason. One of which is their premium CBD oil tinctures are made entirely of USDA Certified Organic ingredients. More info here.
Thank you for visiting Motivated Well Being!