Gemstones have been used for centuries in medicine and certainly have a long history with spirituality. It should be no surprise that people are still turning to the healing properties of gemstones for relief from modern ailments.
I first learned about the healing properties of crystal when I recently searched for a Himalayan salt lamp. You don’t know what you’re missing if you’ve never owned a Himalayan salt lamp! It’s like having a natural source of fresh clean air on your desk, in your living room, or anywhere you choose to put it.
I love my salt lamp for its shear beauty but I also like the idea that it may offer other healthy benefits, such as cleaner air. While reading about the benefits of the salt lamps, I learned about other types of crystals believed to posses healing qualities.
Healing Properties of Gemstones
For centuries gemstones were believed to hold magical powers. They are thought to provide a connection to the planets, sun, moon and stars, and possess the power to heal or prevent illness.
Whether you wear your gems in a bracelet, on a necklace, or simply displayed on a table, you are among the many of us who believe in crystals and their potential healing power. Depending on how you use them, believers say the colorful gems can change your life.
10 Popular Gemstones
- Amethyst is thought to eliminate addiction and improve intuition. This beautiful purple crystal is known for many things, but manifestation is at the top of the list (an indication of the existence or presence of nature or spirit in a person or thing).
- Crystal Quartz is a master healer and is thought to stimulate the immune and circulatory systems and is believed to boost self-love and enhance immunity.
- Fluorite can be used when studying to clear the mind and sharpen focus. It can also be used to alleviate inflammation in the body.
- Garnet helps to remove inhibitions and taboos, and allows the mind to think freely and creatively.
- Hematite is an iron-rich stone deeply connected connected to the earth. It has been referred to as the “bloodstone” in ancient Greece because of the red hue of the iron content and is believed to support us financially.
- Jade is revered across nearly all cultures and continents for its physical and metaphysical healing properties. It is one of the most popular crystals known to man.
- Moonstone can open you up to other worlds and the universe at large. It can also be used to combat materialism and manage the ego.
- Opal inspires optimism, happiness, appreciation, and a general sense of wellbeing. There are over ten different types of opal, all originating from different parts of the world.
- Topaz is a stone of the mind, it is great for connecting to one’s angels, spirit guides, and passed loved ones.
- Turquoise is a prized symbol of wisdom and is prevalent in almost all ancient cultures and is known as the stone of protection.
Where to Buy Gemstones
Spiritual Healing Crystals and Jewelry in artistic designs are available in Pendant, Earrings, Bracelets and Necklaces from respected online retailer AtPerry’s.
AtPerry’s is where I found my salt lamp: See more here: Salt lamps and crystals.
Use Them with Your Partner
Crystals with aphrodisiac properties are a great way to spice up intimacy with your partner and increase a loving bond.
Gemstones For Intimacy
Try placing them on your nightstand or under your pillow to set the mood and rejuvenate your sensual energy.
- Smoky Quartz helps you break through sexual barriers and accept that sex is normal, healthy, and enjoyable. It can help cleanse your sexual energy centers so that passion flows without inhibition.
- Rose Quartz is a wonderful stone to invite love, assist in giving love and even attract your soulmate. Rose quartz is all about the heart.
- Emeralds invite emotional bonding in the bedroom and encourage unconditional love within relationships.
- Red Garnet strengthens passion between two partners and is known as the stone of physical love.
Get in the mood by taking a relaxing bath with crystals and soak in the love. For a comforting benefit use bath bomb crystals with infused CBD.
Thank you for visiting Motivated Well Being.