There is currently no vaccine to prevent coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). The best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to begin with. But how?
Like the common flu, the coronavirus is thought to spread mainly from person-to-person. Some recent studies suggest it can spread through the air in the small particles produced when an infected person coughs, talks, or breathes.
Anyone who has ever worked in an office can tell you this. During flu season once someone coughs or sneezes you know people are going to get sick!
To prevent infection and to slow transmission of COVID-19, follow these suggestions to the best of your ability.
- Wash your hands regularly with soap and water.
- When out of your home use an alcohol-based hand rub.
- Maintain at least six feet distance between you and other people, especially if they are coughing or sneezing.
- Cover your mouth and nose when you need to cough or sneeze.
- Avoid unnecessary travel.
- Wash fresh groceries.
Try to make these tips a habit to avoid catching COVID or any common flu.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Refrain from smoking.
- Stop shaking hands and hugging people.
- Don’t share personal items like a brush.
- Don’t let someone else hold your cell phone.
- Stay clear of large groups.
Call your doctor if you think you or a family member may have an infection or if you have any symptoms of COVID-19.
Do not go to a medical clinic or hospital unless it’s an emergency. This will also help avoid transmitting the virus.
Watch for worsening symptoms if you or your loved one has an underlying condition such as:
- asthma or other lung disease
- heart disease
- low immune system
The CDC Trusted Source advises getting emergency medical attention if you have these COVID-19 warning signs:
- difficulty breathing
- pain or pressure in the chest
- blue-tinged lips or face
- drowsiness and inability to wake
Together we can get through this!
Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after the other.Walter Elliot
Thank you for visiting Motivated Well Being!